Auburn City Council has a strong commitment to place students within our organisation through our work experience program. We accept students who need work experience as part of their studies in years 10 through 12 in high school, TAFE and University studies.
We are committed to providing meaningful Work Experience opportunities to local students. We see it as a valuable contribution to the community, school and students and we will do all that we can to make it a professional, enjoyable and successful program.
If you are also interested in Volunteer work with Auburn City Council, please see the Auburn City Council website/Community/Volunteering opportunities.
Majority of the requests we consider for work experience are students from High School who are currently in Years 10, 11 or 12; TAFE students or University students.
Some of the different types of work experience includes:
- Parks & Recreation
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Development Assessment
- Community Development
- Event Management
- Media/Public Relations
- Environmental Health
- Sustainable Development
- Environmental Services
- Most areas will only accept one student at a time
- All applicants will receive notification if they were/were not successful within
- Auburn City Council is committed to the work experience program, however
we cannot accept every student that applies.
How do I apply
- Requests for work experience need to be submitted in writing, nominating
relevant department in order to be considered. Please nominate the area of
interest, length of work experience requirements and dates.
- Covering letter address to: The General Manager, Auburn
City Council. PO Box 118, AUBURN. NSW. 1835.
- Email application to: email@example.com
- or leave your application at Customer Service Counter at Auburn City
What information do I or my school need to include with my application
Before Auburn City Council will consider placing students for work experience, the following information must be included in your application;
- a covering letter addressed to the General Manager as outlined above;
including information of the area the student would prefer to work in, the
dates the work experience will take place and available hours.
- a resume including current education information and any past work
What happens after I apply.
To ensure we can accommodate your request, your application will go to the relevant team leader or manager for approval.
Once an application has been approved, the following must be submitted by the student/school/TAFE or University before the student can start their work experience program:
- A letter from the school/TAFE/University on official letterhead addressed to:
The General Manager, Auburn City Council; PO Box 118. AUBURN. NSW
- Confirming the students' attendance,
- The dates they will be attending,
- The student's full name,
- Their home address and telephone number or a contact number for their
parents/guardian during working hours
- (in case of emergency) documentation from their parents/guardian stating
permission for their child to undertake work experience (required for school
students or persons under 18 years of age).
- A copy of Public Liability insurance coverage.
How long will my application take?
You should be aware that it can take up to 2 weeks to determine if we can place you on work experience within council.
Please be patient, as we are dealing with many applications.
- Priority will be granted on first come first served basis.
- Priority will also be given to students who attend a school or live, within the
Auburn City Council area.
- We would appreciate it if you would take some time to ensure that the
students are willing and interested in their chosen area of work. As you
would agree, Work Experience is not an opportunity for students to have a
break from regular schoolwork, but an opportunity to assess the work in a
chosen field where they have some interest in keeping with their future
- We will endeavour to place students in the chosen areas, however, we
cannot ensure this will always be the case.
- Should any students have any enquiries, problems or questions in relation to
their Work Experience during their placement, they should contact Human
Human Resources Team Contact Team
- Peter Tzoukos - Manager, Human Resources Phone: 02 9735 1297
- Marie Wilson - Phone: 02 9735 1302
- Louise Reece - Phone: 02 9735 1274